Fil-Tec Glisten Metallic Embroidery Thread 730 yds - Color 60090 Sun Ray
Beautiful appearance as matching color of core yarn and metallic film.
Glisten has a specialized finish applied to its surface in order to make it extra soft.
Our soft finish reduces thread breaks which reduces downtime.
Less kinks than competitive metallic threads
• Used for commercial embroidery, domestic sewing machines, and silk weaving.
• Constructed with Rayon core yarn covered w/ metallic film.
• 150 denier/2 ply
• Sews well up to 850 rpm. Much higher than most Metallic threads!
• Rayon core yarn and Aluminum or pure Silver film. Tips for Embroidering with Glisten Metallic Thread
• Make sure that the design you’re going to use has been punched with metallic thread. This will likely reduce thread breaks.
• Do not use Glisten for small lettering.
• Reduce and keep tensions loose.
• Use needles with a large eye in order for the thread to pass through the needle eye easily. Sizes such as 65/9, 70/10, and 75/11 are generally recommended.
• Use new needles when possible.
• Use soft and pliable backings. Metallic threads typically have a difficult time getting through hard or stiff backings.
• Burrs or rough spots on the needle will result in more thread breaks.
• Slow the machine speed down when embroidering with Glisten.
For additional color choices please click here