How To Easily Embroider on Toilet Paper
Why would anybody be embroidering on toilet paper? Though it may seem odd, embroidered toilet paper can make a great item for a gift basket, or a guest bathroom. Embroidery on toilet paper can also be used as a holiday decoration, a fun gag gift, or as a promotional item. Following these few simple steps, you can easily embroider your own roll of toilet paper and be sure to watch our instructional video below.
- Gather your Supplies
- Choose the thickest toilet paper you can buy, it will make embroidery easier and will hold the stitches better. Go with at least a 2-ply or thicker.
- Cut Away Stabilizer, SheerStitch works great.
- Embroidery Design: Stay away from dense fills, vintage style stitches or sparse fills are best for stitching on toilet paper. Very dense designs may tear the toilet paper.
- 4" x 4" hoop - using the smallest hoop possible will provide the most stabilization.
- Roll out your toilet paper and take about 3 squares and fold it over. Roll out some more and take another 3 squares and fold it over again so you have 4 layers of toilet paper.
- Hoop both your toilet paper and embroidery backing. For some extra stabilization, you can use a light misting of one of these adhesive sprays.
- Attach your hoop to your machine and slow down your machine speed before starting. Load your design, and you are ready to embroider.
- When finished, trim off your cut away backing, re-roll your toilet paper and you are finished! For a nice finishing touch, you can put your completed embroidered toilet paper in a bag and seal with some ribbon.