How to Figure How Many Stitches You Get Out of a Cone & Spool of Embroidery Thread
It is important to identify the type and quantity of thread you need. Pictured above is the difference between Madeira Embroidery Thread CONES and SPOOLS. Simply put, thread cones are the big ones and embroidery spools are the small ones.
There is a different Article No. for each kind and size of thread. The appropriate Article No. can be found on either the price list or product catalog.
Madeira Thread identifies each color by number. The color numbers can be found on the color card for that particular kind of thread. Using the combination of Article No. and Color No. when ordering will help ensure the correct processing of your order.
For example, 911-1000 = spool Classic Rayon #40 black
910-1147 = cone Classic Rayon #40 red
Madeira Embroidery Thread offers a choice of cones or spools because everyone has different needs. You can determine what size and how much you need by keeping a few facts in mind.
- 1 CONE = 1,000,000 stitches
- 1 SPOOL = 200,000 stitches
- 5 SPOOLS = 1 CONE
Most people use the large embroidery cones when ordering basic colors or for large embroidery production runs. The thread spools are an economical way to use a variety of colors at minimum cost.
To order Madeira embroidery thread please see these product categories:
- Madeira Polyneon #40 - 1,100 yd. Mini Snap Cones
- Madeira Polyneon #40 - 5,500 yd Cones
- Madeira Polyneon #60 - 1,640 yd. spools
- Madeira Bobbin Thread - Burmilon 200 Poly
- Madeira Rayon #40 - 1,100 yd Mini Snap Cones
- Madeira Rayon #40 - 5,500 yd Cones
- Madeira Rayon #60 - 1,640 yd Spools
- Madeira Fire Fighter #40 Flame Resistant Thread 1,000 yd Mini Snap Cones
- Madeira FS Metallic #40 Thread - 1,100 yd Spools
- Madeira Supertwist #30 Thread - 1,100 yd Spools