Fil-Tec Glisten Metallic Embroidery Thread 730 yds - Color 60952 Rainbows
Glisten Metallic Rainbows - Variegated Multi-Color Metallic Thread
(Formally Color: 60084 Indigo)
Beautiful appearance as matching color of core yarn and metallic film. Glisten has a specialized finish applied to its surface in order to make it extra soft. Our soft finish reduces thread breaks which reduces downtime. Less kinks than competitive metallic threads. Composition: Rayon core yarn and Aluminum or pure Silver film.
- Used for commercial embroidery, domestic sewing machines, and silk weaving.
- Constructed with Rayon core yarn covered w/ metallic film.
- 150 denier/2 ply
- Sews well up to 850 rpm. Much higher than most Metallic threads!
Tips for Embroidering with Glisten Metallic Thread
- Make sure that the design you’re going to use has been punched with metallic thread. This will likely reduce thread breaks.
- Do not use Glisten for small lettering.
- Reduce and keep tensions loose.
- Use needles with a large eye in order for the thread to pass through the needle eye easily. Sizes such as 65/9, 70/10, and 75/11 are generally recommended.
- Use new needles when possible.
- Use soft and pliable backings. Metallic threads typically have a difficult time getting through hard or stiff backings.
- Burrs or rough spots on the needle will result in more thread breaks.
- Slow the machine speed down when embroidering with Glisten.
For additional color choices please click here