Cover-A-Stitch Thermoseal Fabric Waterproofing Sealant
Cover-A-Stitch™ Thermoseal is a heat-activated permanent waterproofing film that maintains the integrity of waterproof or water-repellent fabrics when you embroider or sew on them. Just apply Cover-A-Stitch™ Thermoseal to the back of your embroidery and water and moisture will not penetrate the fabric through the tiny embroidery needle punctures.
It is now possible to embroider on waterproof or water-repellent fabrics without compromising their waterproof properties. Just apply Cover-A-Stitch™ Thermoseal to the back of your embroidery stitches and water and moisture will not penetrate the fabric through the tiny embroidery needle punctures. Rain gear, outdoor jackets, functional clothing can be embroidered and everybody stays dry-use on work clothes e.g. for road construction, gardening and for all outdoor jobs.
- Remove stabilizer after embroidery process from waterproof or water-resistant fabric.
- Cut a piece of Cover-A-Stitch™ Thermoseal slightly larger than the embroidery design.
- Place Cover-A-Stitch™ Thermoseal onto wrong side of embroidered fabric, adhesive side facing down (the adhesive coating faces out on roll, slightly glossy look).
- Seal with heat press Temperature 266°F-300°F (130°C – 150°C) with medium pressure for 10–15 sec.
- For maximum adhesion, allow Cover-A-Stitch™ Thermoseal to set for 48 hours after pressing, before administering any washing tests.
TIP: Testing is necessary to ensure the adhesiveness of the film. Just press a small piece of Cover-A-Stitch™ Thermoseal to the back of the fabric before embroidering. If the film sticks to the fabric, start with the described process.